Sunday, May 27, 2012

Travel Beauty Items

Hey guys,

Long time, no real post. My last day of school was on May 9th, and with the exception of the wedding on May 11th, all I have been doing is working and prepping for my journey to Costa Rica and Nicaragua. This whole "travel-to-foreign-countries-to-do-research" thing really stresses me out because I honestly have no experience with this kind of thing. I'm SO TIRED of spending money and buying things that I have to have. I am just a student after all, and I don't get much financial support from my parents so money has been a little tight. I have it all pretty much figured out now, but I'm still worrying about everything.
One part of this adventure that I have really enjoyed, however, is buying the "beauty" products I will be needing in the jungle. I have SO MUCH STUFF already, but of course it all smells like fruit and flowers and other things mosquitoes and other bugs like. I had to buy everything unscented/plain scented because I don't want to raise the risk of getting bitten by mosquitoes. Additionally, I have bought enough DEET to repel an elephant.
Here's the lot of it:
Group Picture

Sun Protection
  • Two bottles of Bullfrog SuperBlock SPF 50
  • one giant bottle of Equate SPF 50
  • small thing of slightly-expired CVS brand SPF 70 "face lotion" that I plan on using on my body. 


Face Products

  • Two ChapStick LipSHIELD365 SPF 50+ lip balms
  • Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser (I don't have to use a toner after this)
  • Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 50
  • one toothbrush
  • Crest Baking Soda & Peroxide toothpaste

Body Products

  • Equate Mild Exfoliating body wash (compare to Dove Gentle Exfoliating body wash)
  • CVS Dry Skin Therapy soothing cream (compare to Eucerin Calming Creme)
  • Aquaphor Healing Ointment
  • Degree NaturEffects Absorbent Sea Salt deodorant
  • Schick silk razors
  • L'Occitane shea butter hand cream

Hair Products

  • Suave Kids 2-in-1 Shampoo in Surf's Up 
  • Garnier Fructis Style Pure Clean Smoothing Cream
  • Goody Slide-Proof head bands
  • Goody mini hair brush
  • Goody Ouchless elastics
  • Not pictured, but there will be a fair amount of bobby pins coming with me.
Yeah. It really is a shame that EVERYTHING I already had except the Garnier Smoothing Cream was scented like something. Also, you'll notice there is absolutely no makeup here. I figured howler monkeys will not care if I wear mascara or not, and why put makeup on if I'm just going to be wet all day? Now, to get everything to fit into my bags...

What are you guys planning for this summer and what beauty products are you bringing with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment