Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 2012 Birchbox!

I got my Birchbox a little earlier than normal this month! I'm hoping they stick with UPS from now on because they seem to have their stuff together a little better than the company they were using before.


  • Violent Lips Temporary Lip Tattoos in Gold Glitteratti I would never in a million years have picked these up on my own. I barely wear lipstick. I am excited to have a chance to try them, especially since there are three applications worth so I can get the application down. I don't think I'll wear them out, but I want to see what they look like.
  • Download card for a band
  • Supersmile Powdered Mouthrinse I also would have never picked this up, but I am excited to try them. They are much easier to carry in a small bag than a thing of mouthwash that might spill all over.
  • Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint I love new face products, and this is no exception. I am just a little worried about the shade, because when I put a little bit on my wrist, it looked pretty orange at first.
  • Benta Berry G-1 Moisturizing Face Cream I've never heard of this brand but am excited to try this. 
  • Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant When I first opened this, I was pretty confused. It turns out it is a powder you shake into your hand and rub (with a bit of water) into a paste then use that. I think. I haven't used this yet because I don't want to over-exfoliate my face by adding this to my already-exfoliant-heavy skin routine. I just need to finish up the XOUT I am using before I use this bad boy. What I really thought was cool was that on the box it tells you how to "activate" your donation for microloans to developing countries. 
I am quite happy with my Birchbox this month. Would I have chosen these products on my own? No, except for MAYBE the tinted moisturizer. I do want to try these products, though. I feel like one of the best things about Birchbox is that you get samples of products you wouldn't normally gravitate towards. I rather get five samples of brands and products I have never heard of (as long as quality is not an issue) than get things I already know I love. What are your thoughts? Have you gotten your Birchbox yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment