Tuesday, January 3, 2012

December Birchbox! (finally!)

I finally got my December Birchbox today. I have been waiting for almost three weeks now. They did send out a "sorry Streamlite messed up, here's 100 Birchbox points" email, which I definitely appreciated. On to the products!
  • Befine Gentle Cleanser with Sugar, Mint, Oats and Rice: This smells very natural-minty and oaty. It is paraben free and the entire brand seems to believe in the "natural is better" philosophy. The consistency is VERY liquidy. I'm not quite sure how this will work for me, but I will definitely be trying this soon.
  • L'Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil: This was hard as hell to open but you apparently need only a few drops. I have a hard time using the correct amount with oils, so we'll see how this goes.
  • EBoost Orange Natural Energy Booster: It's like Emergen-C but expensive? I actually really like the pink Emergen-C, so we'll see if this beats it in the flavor/texture department. I doubt I would every buy this though, since you only get 20 packets for $28, while you get 30 packets of Emergen-C for around $10. 
  • Harvey Prince Yogini perfume: They finally stepped it up a notch and included a perfume sample with a spray bottle. I am so tired of perfume samples that you have to pour out instead of spray. This smells like expensive perfume-there, but not headache-inducing. 
  • ShowStoppers Designer Fashion Tape: I don't really have any use for these, as none of my clothes have much potential to malfunction/accidentally show my goods. In any case, I really wish I had gotten the nude strips so I could use them with the one dress that needs a little help sometimes, which happens to be almost see through (I have to wear nude undies/bras with it).
  • Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink: I really like the treatment that was included in a previous Birchbox, but I am less impressed with this sample. It smells like cheap lip gloss and it doesn't feel as nice as the lip treatment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment