Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Review: X Out Wash-in Treatment

Picture from Influenster site
I received XOut in my Holiday VoxBox from Influenster. The picture above is a stock image from the Influenster website, but it is the same size/packaging as I received (I don't have my camera with me, unfortunately.) XOut is an "all in one" product from the same people that make Proactiv.
Initially I was less than excited to try this, as the 8.5% benzoyl peroxide sounded a bit harsh, especially as a mask. I bit the bullet and started using it twice a day, though, and I am glad I did. The texture is nice and thick, and has sugar-sized grains in it. It smells like clean...I don't really know how to describe. The scent is pleasant and subtle, and it shouldn't bother too many people, especially since it does not linger past rinsing. I have used this only as a cleanser, because I do not have zits, and even if I did, I do not wish to use a spot treatment that you have to take off before putting on makeup, etc.
My skin definitely feels softer and smoother after using this for about a week. I also noticed that I had a lot less redness in my cheeks. I caught myself in the mirror a few times (sans makeup) and couldn't believe that was my real skin. I am definitely pleased with this, although with the $30 (although there is a special going on now at the XOut site for $19.95/30day or $39.95/60 day) for a 30 day supply is a little expensive for my wallet, especially since my $5 Clean and Clear $6 BiorĂ© have lasted me about 90 days and still aren't empty.

PROS

  • 3 in 1 product: cleanser, mask, spot treatment
  • "Scrubby" texture allows it to be a scrub and cleanser and one
  • Mild tingly feeling while using
  • One pump is enough for me to wash my face
  • Packaging is super cute and will stand up in the shower
  • Rinses cleanly
  • Protective cap really clicks onto the bottle, making spills/accidental dispensing less likely
CONS
  • Pump is hard to press, especially in the shower
  • Scrubby texture can be a bit rough if you apply without thinking
  • Benzoyl peroxide content might irritate more sensitive skin
  • Must be washed off when used as a spot treatment
  • Not as widely available as drugstore/department store products
You can buy XOut on the XOut website in 30 day or 60 day bottles, which are currently on sale. I recommend starting with the 30 day, since it is the same per day cost as the 60 day.



Disclaimer: I did receive this product from Influenster's VoxBox program for free. The opinions in this post are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment