Friday, March 23, 2012

Review: Clean and Clear Body Wash in Boost Mango and Papaya


I signed up for a sample of this when I saw the ad in a magazine. Honestly, Clean and Clear lotions and cleansers tend to break me out, but I figured why not get a sample since it was free and the packaging always made a good impression on me. I got the sample and I was very impressed. It wasn't a dinky foil sample packet. It was the size of a "travel" item you would find for $1 at the store. I used it for more than a week!

PROS
  • AWESOME smell. It is refreshing but does not linger on my skin after the shower, which I like, because my perfume/lotions/body sprays are not always compatible with my body wash, and I only keep one body wash in my shower at a time.
  • Nice, "squishy" lather. I used this with a loofah and MAN. It feels nice. I actually used less than I normally do and the lather was very thick and soft. No cheapie bubbles here.
  • Moisture. After I used this, I touched my arms and couldn't believe how nice and soft they were. I do use lotion daily, but my arms are never THAT soft. 
  • Packaging. I know that these are marketed at teenagers, as are most of the Clean and Clear products. Being a 20 year old in college, though, I love me some brightly colored sparkly beauty products. 
  • Price Point. I was spoiled by the clearance/charity/member deals at The Body Shop in December, so I have been using my stash of $1.35 body washes. This, however, I would buy full price. On drugstore.com, it is $5.99 which is pretty good for the size and quality of lather.
CONS
  •  Color. The body wash itself is NOT the color of the bottle. Petty, I know, but I like colors.
I definitely recommend this body wash and I am looking forward to sampling the other scents (CHARGE Pomegranate and Orange Zest and SPLASH Wildberry and Guava). You can find it at Target, Walmart, and drugstores. You can also buy it here from drugstore.com if you can't find it near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment