Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October Birchbox

My October Birchbox is better than September. I received:

  • Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea Facial Mask: I recently got into facial masks, so this is a nice sample for me. Hopefully it doesn't burn my skin like their moisturizer and cleanser...
  • Ahava Revival Bath Salts in Mandarin Cedarwood: I also just started taking weekly baths. It is hard to find good bath stuff around me, so this is also a great sample for them to include.
  • Ahava Dermud Foot Cream packets: Hopefully this works as well as the Ahava hand cream and lotion I have tried previously.
  • Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Makeup Primer in Bronze: I was (and still kinda am) sceptical of anything with "bronze" as the shade name, as I am pretty much anything but bronze. Pasty? Sure. Pale? You betcha. Bronze? Not so much. On the Birchbox card, though, it says "it works on all skin tones-we tested it!," so hopefully this won't turn me into a pumpkin, as festive as that might be. I put some on my glowing white forearm and compared it to the other and can see only a slightly sunny glow, no orange yet. This is a good sign.
  • Stila Forever Your Curl Mascara: I love trying new mascaras. I have never even heard of this mascara, and am curious to see how the ultra-skinny brush works with my already curly lashes. 
I was a little bummed I didn't get the laundry detergent like Jeweled Thumb, but I do really like Ahava so I'm happy with my box. It was definitely worth the ten dollars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment