Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ombre

I was extremely bored last night, so after I got home from a Walgreens run, I decided to test out the ombre nail trend. I had a hard time finding colors that worked, since I have no experience frankening. I realized I had a lot of the right shades of a color, but the different finishes were not cooperating. Wouldn't it be weird if some of the nails were glitter, some were shimmer and some were creme? I thought so, so I was stuck with a blue gradation, which turned out quite well.
I used one coat of Orly Nail Armor base coat on all of the nails. For the thumb, I used three coats of China Glaze White on White. For the index finger, I used three coats of China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-Le. The middle finger is two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue. The ring finger, which looks more navy blue than black in real life, is two coats of Orly La Playa. The pinkie is two coats of Maybelline Onyx Rush, my favorite black creme. Then I topped everything with a coat of Seche Vite.

So far, I'm loving this mani and have had almost no chips, which is amazing since I have been "thrift storing" literally all day. It is definitely interesting, but I'm probably going to redo my nails tomorrow out of boredom.


A side note about Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue, which I finally found during the aforementioned Walgreens run. I had been searching for the perfect color to go under Confetti Party Palace Blue, which I cannot find a picture of on the internet but is basically is a dupe of Sinful Colors 831 Hottie. (stock photo from Sinful Colors website seen below) I tried for weeks to find the blue that Confetti PPB looks like in the bottle. Then I saw SHX PB on the Ulta website. And could not believe how perfect it was. And how unattainable. I refuse to pay six dollar shipping for a three dollar bottle of nail polish, so I searched every store I could find that stocks Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Polishes and had no luck. Then, last night, in fit of boredom I went to Walgreens with my mom just to pass the time and BOOM! I found it! I was so happy! It is the perfect polish, too. It is nearly perfect in one coat and is the most beautiful color.

No comments:

Post a Comment