Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Body Shop and Ulta Haul

I'm on winter break with literally nothing to give myself a time schedule, so I've been staying up until two or three in the morning and waking up at noon. I hate doing that, so today I decided to go shopping to give myself an excuse to wake up at a decent hour. I went to Ross, hoping to score some Color Club polishes. I actually got there a few minutes before they unlocked the doors, which was nice because as many of you know, Ross can be hell. Unfotunately, they didn't have much nail polish, and the only "real" brand stuff I saw were a couple of Wet n' Wild sets which were badly separated and a Nailtek base coat. I passed on those and went to the Body Shop, which has a special today (which is also available online on their website) where you could buy a bag for $5 and get half off everything you could fit inside it. The bag is just a paper gift bag, but $2 from every bag goes to stop sex trafficking. I'm a sucker for things that benefit a good cause, so I had to go check it out.
Left to right, top to bottom:
Spiced Vanilla Body Butter, originally $10 but reduced to $5 w/ bag purchase
DeoDry Dry-Effect Deodorant Cool & Zesty Stick, on sale for $4, reduced to $2 w/ bag purchase
Watermelon Body Lotion, part of their $3 originals, but reduced to $1.50 w/ bag purchase
Spiced Vanilla Lip Balm, on sale for $3, but reduced to $1.50 w/ bag purchase
Mini Cocoa Butter Body Scrub, originally $8, reduced to $4 w/ bag purchase
I've never used anything from the Body Shop, but the watermelon scented lotion smells amazing. I might do more in-depth reviews as I use these products. I really like the fact that the Body Shop uses recycled plastic, natural ingredients from communities and are so into saving the Earth.

On my way out of the shopping center, I of course had to stop at Ulta because I had a $3.50 off $10 coupon that was burning a hole in my pocket.
I've gotten pretty good at buying just over ten dollars, so I only picked up three items this time around.
Left to right:
Sally Hansen VitaSurge Strength Gel, which I can't even find on their website. $5.99
Essie Berry Hard, clearance for 3.99 (I also cannot find this on their site)
OPI AvoJuice Skin Quencher in Winter Huckleberry, clearance for $0.99

I'm very excited about the VitaSurge, as I've never seen it before. I don't have "weak" nails, but they do tend to bend easily as they grow out. Hopefully this will let me have longer nails before they get too weak to be practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment