Sunday, November 13, 2011

Why you should always cut open lotion.

 This is the standard tube for the Triple Moisture Body Cream from Bath and Body Works. It is about 1000x better than their standard body lotion. I got this in Massachusetts during their Hello Yellow Sale in July. It cost me about three dollars! I finally "used it all up" the last week, but the plastic is so hard I couldn't squeeze it to get the last bits out. So, not wanting to waste perfectly awesome body cream, I took my scissors to the tube.
This is what I scraped out. That's an old Body Shop body butter tub. I filled it at least 1/4 of the way, and the lotion in there lasted me at least five more days. Imagine all of the lotion I have been throwing away by not doing this! It is a shame that it isn't easier to cut open other packages...I'm looking at you, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.

Just wanted to let you guys know how much is hidden in "empty" packages sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. This is a really good idea! Especially considering how costly products can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but wonder if there could be a way to 'melt' the lotion to the bottom. Like putting it in a warm bowl or something

    ReplyDelete